Thursday, June 5, 2008

El Poblado

I'm staying with a Colombian family and every morning I wake up to a fresh Colombian breakfast. There is plenty of fresh fruit as well, some of which I'd never even heard of before. The only thing missing is the coffee. Apparently all the best stuff gets exported to the developed world.

The apartment is on the 8th floor so I have a great view from the gigantic window, which is practically always wide open since the weather is forever pleasant. We're also just a short walk from La Zona Rosa, a section of El Poblado--my neighborhood--with lots of restaurants, bars, shops, and parks. It's a pretty sweet deal.

4 comments:

adrianne said...

Awesome awesome. I can't wait to hear more. Did you know that the average price of a gram of pure cocaine in Colombia is 0$ according to the Economist?

DF said...

no coffee in columbia???? that is so ironic.

JEFF said...

I think I see an arepa

William said...

oh my god this place is practically made of arepas. today we got fried chicken from a kfc style fast food chain and they put arepas in there with the fries.