Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacas

I will say one thing for San Jose, the weather has certainly been nice. My pictures have been getting ruined lately by the lack of sun in rainy Panama but today I was able to get some nice shots, including some of a public art exhibit. Life sized painted cows were on display all over the city, and some of them were quite entertaining. The first one I encountered was, quite appropriately, a hooker cow complete with fish net stockings in the middle of Parque España.

There was also a flaming cow and my personal favorite, Vacarnicería. It's a pun: vaca means cow and carnicería means butcher shop, although it can also just mean slaughter. I dig on puns so I was stoked to actually understand one in Spanish. There were others but I didn't get any more pictures of them before it started drizzling and I had to go seek shelter in the nearest public building, which luckily turned out to be a gorgeous church with some killer stained class.

No comments: