Friday, July 4, 2008

Feliz Cumpleaños

It was Teresa's birthday and everyone went out to a Viva Brazil to celebrate. I forgot to bring my camera so this photo is actually from the internet but it looks similar. It's a Brazillian thing, they come around with big skewers of a bajillion different types of meat and slice about a slaughterhouse worth onto your plate. My digestive tract actually begged me for mercy. I ate maybe half of what was served and still felt sick. It is just not a good idea to eat multiple pounds of meat in one sitting, I do not understand the appeal. They even had a skewer of chicken hearts (must've been like 50 of them on that thing), but I was only able to force down one. If it'd been my birthday, I would've been so pissed.

3 comments:

DF said...

looks disgusting.

JEFF said...

Chicken hearts? Aren't they kind of tiny? I totally agree that the pig out on meat thing doesn't work very well. Meat is better when it is 20% or less of what you are eating. Of course that is from the perspective of an elderly stomach.

William said...

You'd think so. They were a lot bigger than I'd expected and at first I thought I might've misunderstood what they were. I confirmed it in English later though.