Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dope Architecture

I'm actually rather surprised but I'm still not sick of cool looking churches, but I'm not. San Salvador has some really big ones, too. Unfortunately my favorite, Iglesia El Rosario, is really ugly on the outside, and you can't take pictures from inside. Well, maybe you can but I was getting too many where-did-this-gringo-come-from stares to do it discretely and I didn't want to offend. Anyway, it's got huge stained glass walls and lots of scrap metal in a very non-churchy way. It also had these cool statues hiding out front behind the trees.

3 comments:

adrianne said...

Are you very obviously a gringo?

William said...

Depends on the place. In Medellín and Bogotá I could pass for a Colombian because I don't have blond hair and I'm not very tall, plus light skinned Colombians aren't that rare in those cities and I never wore shorts. In El Salvador though the only light skinned people are peace corps.

adrianne said...

You have to write Carmen and tell her you went to El Salvador. I have her address at the house.