Thursday, July 17, 2008

Surfeando

I know how to surf now! In Spanish they call us corredors de olas, which literally means wave runners, how sick is that? The beach break here is pretty beginner friendly. There are tons of waves so when you miss one there's usually another right behind it. Unfortunately Felix, the guy I paid for the lesson, decided to ask for more than twice as much money after the class was over. I refused and the dude got mad and took my sandals.

I talked to a friendly expat about it later on and he said although most of the locals are really nice there are several people like Felix in the town. They're young guys who spend all their money at the canteen and are bitter because people their same age come in from the cities with their own cars, surfboards, and girlfriends. He told me I could get a pair of flip flops in the city for a few bucks and said he'd tell Felix's dad (who he still lives with) which I got a kick out of. I'm off to the mountains, I hated those sandals anyway.

1 comment:

JEFF said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It doesn't look like the weather was too sunny. The picture looks like the usual central american sky that feels like a pterodactyl should swoop down out of the cloud any minute.