Monday, July 7, 2008

Cartagena!

So I just made it into Cartagena from Bogotá on a 22 hour bus ride next to a very amiable though heavily accented Costeña and her diapered dog. Their names were Katia and Motita and they were wonderful company, though the Paris Hilton style pet pampering was adorably ridiculous. I got in so late I didn't have time to do much but check into a hostel and wander in search of some much deserved street food / internet. First impressions say the historic town will be incredibly interesting and hellishly hot.

5 comments:

JEFF said...

The 4:00 a.m. posting time is not when you did this, right? And be careful - the coast is like a different country from the high cities.

Andy said...

22 hour bus ride?! was that a typo?

William said...

No, definitely not, the timestamp is 4:00 a.m. because I do automatic posting. Don't worry, I'm being extra careful. Nope, not a typo. It's cause the region is so mountainous; if I were in the plains it'd be half that. I was gonna take a 2 hour flight instead but I met a guy who took a 45 hour bus ride, and after hearing that I decided not puss out. Saved $250.

DF said...

I would have flown!

adrianne said...

i took a 22 hour bus in sumatra, plus a 9 hour bus. twice. i read and slept and killed mosquitos to pass time. it was terrible.