Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gigantic Lizard


I was walking along in the lovely though postage stamp sized Parque del Centenario, trying to translate the plaques underneath statues like this one, when I noticed this gigantic lizard in the middle of the park just staring at me. Why was it there? This is a gigantic metropolitan city, it is pretty much the worst possible habitat imaginable. I don't even think it's native to this region, although I'm certainly no zoologist. The guy apparently was a little camera shy because he beat feet up the nearest tree as soon as I started filming and it got a lot more difficult to get a good shot with the bad lighting.

1 comment:

JEFF said...

He looks like an iguana and I think people eat them. I know in Guatemala I saw people on the bus with a hogtied iguana among their possessions. No doubt it tastes like chicken.