Monday, August 11, 2008

La Barbita

Rather than shave and have to continue doing so daily I elected to get a trim at a local parlor next to my school. They did not seem to know what they were doing so I asked as politely as my Spanish would allow if I could just do it myself. I think it worked out quite nicely although the locals all seem to think the beard remains out of control and should be removed completely. I don't know why but Latinos just don't seem to like the rugged look. At least they have stopped calling me Barbuchín.

5 comments:

adrianne said...

I may continue to call you el barbuchin, fyi...

DF said...

Ahh, you do look a little more civilized, but i still think a quick trip to Lance is in order. BTW, I tried calling you on El Telefono a couple times but always get busy circuit or some recorded message in Spanish that I can't understand. So maybe I'll just stick to La Interneta for communication for now.

adrianne said...

Como se dice Internet in Espanol, Guillermo?

William said...

Haha, se dice internet, es lo mismo, porque es escrito foneticamente. Sin embargo, usualmente wi-fi se pronuncia wee-fee.

William said...

oh, pero es masculino, no femenino. El internet.