Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Boring Classes

Classes continue to be long and boring. I eat breakfast at 7am, go to school for 4 hours and come back at noon for lunch. Then I go back to school for another 4 hours and come back at 6pm for dinner. Then I do homework go to bed early. Occasionally I go out with other students to bars but I'm always the first one home. I only recently got a chance to take some pictures of Antigua, which by the way is gorgeous.

I'm having a lot of fun though, and Yolanda, the lady who runs the pension, is super nice and easy to talk to. Talking to her has helped my Spanish a lot. Everything is winding down though, I'm leaving soon, the other American student is leaving soon, and all the girls in preparatoria are finishing up exams and graduating.

2 comments:

JEFF said...

That seems like a lot of hours to be studying. How much are you getting out of it? I would think that exceeds the absorption point.

William said...

A lot of that time is spent just practicing conversation with them correcting me when I make grammatical errors, and that I can do all day without exceeding the absorption point. It's the hard grammar practice that gets to be a bit much but we take breaks.